You all may know well about virtual drives. But what about creating an online virtual drive in your own computer and make it available to you anytime anywhere. Surprised ah? Yes, it’s true, I don’t know how many of you are aware of this trick already.
If you know it already just ignore this, others can continue reading. So what we were talking was about creating a virtual disk. Gmail is providing about 7650MB for each account. That means you can create a virtual online disk of about 7.5 GB on your own computer.
All this is possible with the help of a tool called Gmail Drive. It creates a virtual filesystem around your Google Mail account, allowing you to use Gmail as a storage medium.
GMail Drive creates a virtual file system on top of your Google Gmail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your Gmail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag N drop files to it.
Ever since Google started to offer users a Gmail e-mail account, which includes storage space of 7650megabytes, you have had plenty of storage space but not a lot to fill it up with. With GMail Drive you can easily copy files to your Google Mail Account and retrieve them again.
When you create a new file using GMail Drive, it generates an e-mail and posts it to your account. The e-mail appears in your normal Inbox folder, and the file is attached as an e-mail attachment. GMail Drive periodically checks your mail account (using the Gmail search function) to see if new files have arrived and to rebuild the directory structures. But basically, GMail Drive acts as any other hard-drive installed on your computer.
HOW TO MAKE A VIRTUAL ONLINE DRIVE
GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google Gmail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your Gmail account directly from inside Windows Explorer.
DOWNLOAD LINK: Visit GmailDrives HOME PAGE
- Extract all the files from the downloaded archive and run setup. After installation, go to My Computer where you see a drive.
- GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag N drop files to it.
- Double click on the Drive, when you do it then you see a window pop-up.
- Enter your Gmail ID and Password. It’s better don’t use your personal Email.
- Create a new one for this virtual online drive and that’s it.
- All the data in this drive is secure and can be accessed only by from anywhere and at any time.
HOW TO REMOVE THIS VIRTUAL DRIVE
If you want to remove this virtual drive from your system just go to Control Panel >Programs and Features >Uninstall or Change Program and uninstall Gmail Drive from there. It will be automatically removed from My Computer.