Undeletable and Unrenamable folders in windows are not new to us. There are many files & folders which create problems when either delete or rename.
Whenever we are willing to delete junk files & folders from our PCs, problems occur. Look at the image below.
It says “The action can’t be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer”.
But when you tried to close the file, it denied. These type of files & folders are necessary your windows to work. You can delete them via CMD. This will cover later in our tutorials.
But for the fun trick or to learn something amazing, you can create an undeletable and unrenamable folders in windows easily.
How To Create Undeletable and Unrenamable Folders
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how you can easily create an undeletable and unrenamable folder in windows. Let’s see how to do it:
- Open CMD as administrator.
- Now, type in the command md con\ and hit enter.
- Remember you cannot create a folder in the root directory of the windows (in which your OS is installed, C:)
- To change the directory, type D: and hit enter. You can change according to your disk drives. You can aslo open CMD anywhere in the windows by pressing shift+right click>open command prompt window here.
- Now go to the directory, the folder will be there & unable to delete and rename.
Check out that it is not delteing & renaming the folder you’ve created.
How To Delete The Folder
Now, after you’ve created the folder, you might be thinking how to delete this if it is undeletable and unrenamable. Follow the guide to delete the folder.
- Open CMD, go to the directory where the folder is located.
- Type in the command rd con\
- Check the folder is removed from there.
So, its all about the tutorial. See you in next one.
Don’t forget to share this amazing trick.