DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET is one of the most common issues among them causing non-availability of a web page. Though there are various types of light and fatal errors that might encounter while opening some webpage or working into your Google Chrome browser, this error is the most annoying of them all.
DNS probe finished no internet mainly occurs due to internet connectivity issues or restrictions on system firewalls. You cannot access the internet until you resolve this issue. In this tutorial, the solution is given for fixing DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET.
Steps To Solve DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error
Few checks need to be performed after getting this issue like, this problem mainly occurs due to non-connectivity to the internet. So first of all, check your connection & network drivers and reboot your system. If an upgrade is available then update drivers to the latest version.
Sometimes internet usage is blocked by the system firewalls so check your firewall settings. And if the Chrome is listed there and allowed for internet usage then remove it and add it again.
Solutions for DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET Error:
Here are a few solutions that you can try to get rid of this error easily. Follow each step without skipping in order for this solution to work.
- Open Command Prompt with the administrative account and Run the following commands one-by-one given below
- Copy And Paste these Commands.
nets hint ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
After that, restart your computer. And make a check, whether the problem is solved or not. Make sure that you had given a white space in each query in between ipconfig and /.
Sometimes it might be due to the use of outdated drivers so try to keep updated drivers.
Follow these steps to update network drivers:
- Run the following query “devmgmt.msc” without quotes to execute Device Manager into Windows’ Run Box. Or right-click on computer shortcut and select Manage and choose Device Manager.
- Look out for ‘Network Adapters’.
- Right-Click while navigating to ‘Network Adapters’ and click on ‘Update Driver Software’ option.
- Click on ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option.
- Choose ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’ option and click on it.
- Make a choice for network hardware compatible with your system and click on ‘next’ button.
- Now a new window appears on the screen with a message ‘successful driver update’. Just click on ‘ok’ button and try reconnecting internet to your system.
A DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error is just a little issue and the most common too. But sometimes it might turn into big one if not resolved very soon because without resolving it, you cannot have access to the Internet in Google Chrome Browser.
As there are some other possible reasons that might lead to these error like your system getting unresponsiveness from your Internet service provider etc. So if you are still getting this issue then contact your ISP.
Try to keep your system updated on regular basis and don’t try to play with system and firewall settings until you don’t know about what you are doing? Slight changes to system settings might cause fatal errors in your system.